are teaming up for a St. Patrick's Day CSS Challenge, our second monthly challenge of many more to come....
Catch a Leprechaun, follow the rainbow and find the pot of gold, go green, because St. Paddy's is the theme!Your task is to incorporate the theme "St. Patrick's Day" in a beautiful, free, user-friendly new Journal skin or an equally beautiful new Journal design through the use of colour, typography, graphics, design or any other elements which you think relate to the theme in one way or another. You're free to interpret the theme in any way you want, but in the result the theme must be clear at first glance. Suggestions besides the obvious green, are shamrock/clover, leprechaun and his gold, colors of the irish flag.
This contest will have two categories: Even if you can’t code CSS you can still participate.
1: Complete CSS
A fully functional skin with design and code, preferably as Installable one.
2: Design Only
A skin design only. You will be required to provide the unflattened psd file or high quality individual spliced images if your design should be chosen as winner. The design will be coded and made freely available for use.
- Need to be a member of either journalcss or JournalSkin
- Entry must be new and created specifically for this contest and state this in the description with a link to this journal
- Multiple entries are encouraged, but you can win only once though!
- You must credit any stock or resources you use in your entry
- Do not use any copyright proctected material!
- Your entry must comply with deviantART's Submission Policy
- Your entry must be properly submitted into the deviantART Related gallery
- No copying of existing layouts/templates
- No generated skins, entry must be hand-coded
- Coded Skins should include a live preview (use sta.sh for this)
- No collabs between artists!
- Entry must be submitted into the combined Mardi Gras - St. Patrick Challenge folder of your group - this is to ensure your entry is counted.
for the St. Patrick's Challenge
- Entry has to be submitted on or after March 1, 2014
- Deadline is March 27, 2014. Any entries submitted after this will not be considered.
- Winners will be announced a few days later...
Mardi Gras Mini-Challenge
As already announced in our last journal
, we're running two challenges this month and you have to do both in order to win the main prize.
Carnival is lurking around the corner, and here's a quick Mini-Challenge on the very specific theme of New Orleans Mardi Gras.
Mardi Gras main colors are purple, green and gold and they each have a meaning:
Here is your color palette which you have to use for your skin or design.
are the same for both challenges
for the Mardi Gras' Challenge
- Entry has to be submitted on or after Februray 24, 2014
- Deadline is March 9, 2014. Any entries submitted after this will not be considered.
- Winners will be announced together with the St. Patrick's Challenge Winner(s).
The coded skin winner
The skin design winner
In addition,the design gets coded by either poserfan
and made freely available for use.
There will be smaller prizes for second and third place.
We can't wait to see your creations!
Be creative!!Any prize donations are gladly accepted - please leave a comment or note either poserfan or CherieNoir Any kind of promotion and spreading the word would be appreciated as well